EUROPEAN COOPERATION FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY – SHOUTOUT4SDGS
To join the project, you must be an undergraduate, postgraduate or 2019 graduate. All skills and backgrounds are welcome – from social sciences to sciences and anything in between – we feel a multidisciplinary approach to the UN Sustainable Development Goals is essential to truly unfold its interconnected, many-sided nature, and gain a clear-sighted perspective over its objectives.
- Explore the UN SDGs through real-world examples;
- Work with an international and energetic team from Hungary, the UK, Italy and Portugal;
- Work in a team-based situation, refining communication and cooperation skills;
- Gain great CV experience;
- Gain a network of engaged professionals and fellow students.
TEST 1 – THE CORK OAK MONTADO AND THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS IN CORUCHE, PORTUGAL
During this time, students visited the local museum and learned that Man’s connection to the montado goes back for centuries, had the opportunity to visit the ecosystem itself and learn about local economy and forest management policies, as well as visit the industry and learn about the process, from extraction to the production of a cork.
Some feedback from a participant of Test 1:
“I wanted to thank you once again for facilitating such a wonderful week in Coruche, Portugal where I got the opportunity to learn many new things and network with interesting people throughout. This experience has been invaluable to me and my career aspirations, and for that I am thankful. The project was very well put together and encouraged lots of critical thinking about sustainability, combined with the story of cork oak montado ecosystems, and the practical solutions session inspired me to take action.”
The mobility will be held from the 6th to the 10th of July, 2020. To apply please follow this link and fill out the form.
In Portugal, applications are open for students of the University of Évora. When the application period is over, the selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Before the trip, student will have to complete some online activities to aid their perception of the study program before arriving. After arriving in Budapest, and completed the initial welcome and introduction (around 30 participants are to be expected), there will be activities and interactive exercises for the students, of which we underline:
- Scenario analysis on the impact of development on the sustainability of the planet
- Bird watching in nature
- Knowledge café where various professionals of relevant fields will discuss their experiences in an informal manner
- Brainstorming about a dissemination tactics surrounding the SDGs and social media
- Installing nest boxes for birds – leaving your legacy.
All of the costs associated with the trip, accommodation, and food for the participants is assured by the SHOUTOUT4SDGs project.
Students will only have to assure their own transport to and from the Lisbon airport on the days of travel.